Advanced Question: Image Highlighter
This article will help you setup an Image Highlighter question.
Adding an Image Highlighter Question:
- If you have not created a question before, please see the following article before you begin
- The 'New Question' box will then appear
- Edit the question number if necessary.
- Select 'Advanced' from the Question menu
- Select 'Image Highlighter'
- Click 'Create'
Now that your question has been created, its time to customize it.
- Add your question text as needed
- See article: Add or Update Question Text
- The colored circle is the highlight color. Click on it to modify it as needed.
- The numeric value is what will appear in the data. Update this to suite your project.
- The text next to it will be the value label and can be customized.
- You can use the presets for some standard options. Once you modify the new one, click '+ Highlight State'
- In the 'Highlights' section...
- You will need to upload your image and get the link. See Using Images.
- Paste the link into the 'Image URL' field
- The image will appear below this and you can start mapping your clickable regions. You have 3 options:
- Rectangle - will allow you to make a rectangular clickable region
- Circle - will allow you to make a rectangular clickable region
- Hexagon- will allow you to make a custom shape
- Make sure to add labels to each of your clickable images. Its easiest to do this while you are making them so you do not lose track. These labels will be what is used in the data.
- By default, the respondent will be forced to highlight at least one item to be able to continue. You have the ability to give them an opt out in the 'Don't Know Responses' section.
- Click on the 'Add Response' link
- Then type in the text you wish to appear
- You can have as many as you need. Continue to click on the 'Add Response' link until you are done.
- There are some overall settings you can also use.
- Click on the gear icon to see the overall question setting
- You can hide the Key
- You can have a text box for each clickable region that is selected
- You can also not require a response at all.
- For testing, use the 'Preview & Test'
- If you have several highlights, you'd need to click multiple times on the space to get from one to another; one extra click will take you back to no highlight