Standard Question: Dropdown
This article will help you setup a Dropdown question.
Adding a Dropdown Question:
- If you have not created a question before, please see the following article before you begin
- The 'New Question' box will then appear
- Edit the question number if necessary.
- Select 'Standard' from the Question Menu (default Menu)
- Select 'Dropdown'
- Click 'Create'
Your question card will open and you can begin. Make sure to add in your question text and an instructional text need. Typically, this type of question is used for an age dropdown but you can simply copy and paste or starting typing in your dropdown options.
If you are using this for an age question, you will not have to type in every age from 0-100. The system allows you to use the "Generate Responses" function so you can select your range.
- Click on the "Generate Responses" link
- Start: Select the number you would like to start at. In this case, I have already entered choice number 17 (Under 18) because I want to have Under 18 and then each number from 18-100. Here I enter 18
- Step: Is the increment you would like to increase the next option by
- Total: Is the total number of options you would like to generate. Since I do not want to show 0-17, I will enter 83 to account for the numbers from 18-100
- Then select how you would like to proceed: After Existing, Before Existing, Replace Existing. Here I want to keep the existing "Under 18" so I will select "After Existing" so I can keep what is already there.
- Then click on the "GENERATE" button.