Setting up a new Project
After you have chosen a solution you will first be asked to name your project. This name does not have to be unique but be sure to name it well so you can find it later.
Name Your Project
After naming your project you will start the setup process for your project. Depending on the solution type you have chosen your workflow may be different. You can view the stages of the project set up on the left-hand side. The stages cover everything from audience selection to survey setup to the launching process. On the right-hand side, you will see the Invoice Summary, as you set up your project you will see the price appear.
Select a Category
After you have named the project your next step will be to select the category for your research project. This category selection helps to find the right respondents for your project and will aid in the organization of your projects.
Choose your Audience
The next step in the workflow is to choose your audience. Depending on the solution different options for audience selection will be enabled.
First you will choose the region and language for you audience and use the slider to select the desired number of completes. The sampling will be nationally representative. As you select your audience requirements the system will check feasibility. If the project is not feasible you will not be able to launch the project. If you are getting a not feasible status for your sample you can reduce the requested number of completes or adjust any audience filters.
Configure Your Survey
Depending on the solution that you are using the survey configuration step can be very different. This will be a high-level overview covering the “extra questions section” that is included in many solutions. For specific steps within each solution, please read the corresponding article.
The ARS solution supports the following question types.
- Single Select
- Open End
Each question type has specific settings and options that can be used to get the desired result.
- Question Text – This is the question text that will be displayed to the audience within the survey.
- Answer Options – These are text boxes where you will specify the text for each answer option.
- Media – The media button will allow you to add media to your question such as an image or a video.
- Bulk Answers – This opens up a text box that allows you to paste in many answer options from a word document or other source.
- Other Answer Option – When checked this will include an option to select “Other” in the survey and the respondent will be asked for a short open end text response to specify.
- None of the Above Answer Option – When enabled, a mutually exclusive option will be added to the end of the list in the survey. When selected the user cannot choose any other options.
There are a few more options specific to grid questions.
- Row Options – Instead of Answer Options, users can create row options which will display as the rows of the grid table presented to the respondent.
- Column Options – These will be the column headings along the top of the grid, this is often times entered as a 5 point scale.
- Randomize Rows/Columns – This will allow you to show each respondent a randomized order of either the rows or the columns of the grid, or both.
- Multiple Responses per Row – This option will allow a respondent to select multiple answer options per row, this is also known as a multi-selct grid question.
Working with Questions
The first step will be to click the new question button.
You can easily change the question type.
Clone or delete questions by clicking on the menu in the upper right of each question card.
Click the media button to add media to a question.
You can re-order answer options by dragging. Users can also delete answer options.
You can add answers in bulk by clicking the Bulk Answers button.
You can move the position of a question by clicking and dragging from the upper left-hand corner.
Review and Launch
After you have selected your audience and configured the survey you are now ready to review and launch.
On the review page, you will be able to see the project summary including the questions, audience settings as well as the price of the survey.
If you are ready to launch you can simply click the consent checkbox and hit launch.
After clicking the launch button you will be sent back to the project list page where you will see your new project, it will have a status of Launching until it has started collecting data.