This article will show the proper set up to allow a respondent to choose which language they wish to take the survey in.
You may want the ability to give a respondent the option of what language he/she may want to take the survey in. This article will show you how to set this up.
Respondent Language Selection
- Go into the 'Build & Edit' Tool
- Click on 'Sample Sources Card' and add all of the Sample Sources needed for your survey
- See article: Sample Sources: Add a Sample Source
- Go into the Localization Card
- See article: Locales: Add a Locale
- Add all of the Localizations needed for your survey.
- You will NEED to add the corresponding Sample Sources to each Localization that can be selected.
- Example: If you are allowing Sample Source #121 to be able to take in in all the localizations, you will need to add it to each one
- Program your Radio Question
- See article: Add a Question: Radio items (Single Select)
- The question MUST be on Page 1 of your survey.
- Program the language choices in your question with the same values as your Localization Card
- Add a Logic Block Page after your Question and use logic to change the language; the Action to be used should be 'Switch Locale':
- You can add skips and/filter if needed on this question as well
- Make sure to test as a real respondent to make sure you see the corresponding languages as needed.