Test Data: Validate Data Overview
This article will show you how to use the Validate Data tool
The 'Validate Data Tool' is the part of the system that will help you check your survey for Quality Assurance. You will begin by generate test data so you can review logic, base sizes, filtering etc. Once you have your test data created, you can then create and save reports if needed so you can review it. You can also use this tool to review live data.
Accessing the 'Validate Data' Tool
There are 2 ways to access the 'Valdiate Data' Tool.
- From the 'Quick Access Menu'
- See article: Quick Access Menu
- From the 'Survey Dashboard'
- See article: Accessing the Dashboard
- The 'Validate Data' Tool will open up in the main screen
Selecting Your Questions
- In the 'Displaying' menu on the left you can select any of the questions, variables and/or logic blocks you would like to review. You can use the check boxes to select everything in a Section, on a page or individual items as needed.
- Once you have selected the items you wish to review, you can click 'Save' on the top of the menu to have this list saved for you, should you need to come back and review the same list at any time.
- The 'Save New Filter' window will pop up and you can name this data set so its available, if you need it again in the future. Click on the 'Save' button on this menu when you are done.
- If you do need to reuse it again, the 'Saved Filters' dropdown will appear and you can select the one you want from the dropdown
You have the ability to take this one step further and utilize filters.
- Click on '+ Custom Filter'
- The 'Filter Data' window will appear so you can create and save your filters
- Filter Name - is the name for you to remember if you need to use this filter again
- Question/Variable - is the list of available questions and variables you can utilize from the dropdown to create your filter. You can click the '+ And' button to add to your condition as needed
- Response - is the list of responses available in the corresponding question/variable selected
- Once you are done, click the 'Save' button