Source Code Editor
This article will show you how to access the Source Code Editor </>
You may need to access the Source Code Editor in order to do any of the following:
- Add, modify or delete html tied to this specific content
- Add, modify or delete scripts needed to accomplish specific actions
Accessing the Source Code Editor
- Click on the HTML Editor icon for the specific content needed. The icon appears throughout the Survey Authoring Tool (SAT). The most common places you will find this icon is within question text, response list text or in the default text card. See example below:
- Once you click on this icon, you will open the HTML Editor. This will allow you to make general updates to things like text size, text color and other formatting.
- Click on the Source Code Editor (</>) icon to access the raw code for this content
- While you are in this view you will see two things that stand out
- The </> icon is blue and the rest of the bar is greyed out so that it is not accessible
- You will see line numbers like you would in normal code based applications
- In the content field you can add, modify or delete anything you wish including html and add adding any script code needed.
- Once you are done, click on the Source Code Editor (</>) icon again to close this view
- Once you have done this you will have access to the formatting toolbar again. If you are done, just click 'SAVE' at the bottom
- You are done!