Importing Data Layouts
This article will show you how to create and save a Import and Export a Data Layout
You can now import your XLXS file to create a new 'Data Layout' or save over an existing one. You can now edit it as needed in Excel for a quick and easy import.
Exporting and Modifying Your 'Data Layout'
- If you haven't already created and saved a 'Layout'
- See article: Creating a Data Layout
- Click on 'Export Files' section of your survey
- See article: Data Downloads: Overview
- If you haven't already, export your layout
- See article: Exporting Data Layouts
- Modify your file as needed
- See article: Modify an Exported Data Layout
Importing a Layout
- You can import your layout in 2 ways
- Click on the 'Manage Layout' pencil button and then on the '+ New Layout'
- Click on the 'Manage Layout' pencil button and then on the 'Edit' one, next to the layout that needs revising
- Click on the 'UPLOAD XLSX FILE' button on the top right of the screen
- Click on the 'Choose File' button to search for the file.
- Once you have selected the file, click on the 'UPLOAD' button
- Next, name your Data Layout
- Save the file as needed
- Click 'SAVE' if you are creating it from scratch OR if you are saving over an existing 'Data Layout'
Click "SAVE AS NEW' if you want to keep the original you are looking at and want to create an additional new one
- Your Data Layout has been created and saved and is now ready to use.
- Should you rearrange the list of questions/variables in the Excel file, make sure that you take the ForceStart column into account as it may cause some confusion as to where questions/variables show up in your data map.
- You CANNOT export a layout from one survey to another without modifying the last 3 columns in your file to match the new survey. These codes are used for the system to read and create the layout for the specific survey you are working on.