Advanced Question: Coordinate Tracker
This article will help you setup an Coordinate Tracker question.
The Coordinate Tracker exercise is a built in option in Cmix. This will allow a respondent to click anywhere on an image to indicate whether any area elicits a response. The programmer has the ability to customize it as needed as well.
Adding a Coordinate Tracker Question:
- If you have not created a question before, please see the following article before you begin
- The 'New Question' box will then appear
- Edit the question number if necessary.
- Select 'Advanced' from the Question menu
- Select 'Coordinate Tracker'
- Click 'Create'
Now that your question has been created, its time to customize it.
- Add your question text as needed
- See article: Add or Update Question Text
- COORDINATE STATES
- SIZE - refers to the pixel size of the dot that will show up when a respondent clicks on the image. The default is 30px.
- The circular dot is there for you to select a highlight color
- The 'VALUE' is the value that will appear in the data for the highlight color selected
- The 'TEXT' will appear in the Key for the respondent as well as your labels
- When you are done with your highlight, click '+ Coordinate State'
- Continue adding Highlights until you are done
- In the 'IMAGE' section...
- You will need to upload your image and get the link. See Using Images.
- Paste the link into the 'URL' field
- Your image will appear in the box below
- DON'T KNOW RESPONSES - By default, the respondent will be forced to highlight at least one item to be able to continue. You have the ability to give them an opt out in the 'Don't Know Responses' section.
- Add in a value for the opt out
- Then type in the text you wish to appear
- You can have as many as you need. Continue to click on the '+ Response' link until you are done.
- There are some overall settings you can also use.
- Click on the gear icon to see the overall question settings
- 'COMMENTS ENABLED' - You can have a text box for each click that is selected
- 'COORDINATE COUNT' - You can set a min and max range of allowed clicks
- 'REQUIRE A RESPONSE' - You can also not require a response at all.